In Work Permit
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

An employer in Canada offered me a job, can I apply for a Work Permit?

Yes. When applying for work permits in Canada there are several options.

One option is to obtain a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and subsequently apply for a work permit. An LMO is an opinion issued by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) regarding the employer, the position, the offer of employment and the need for temporary foreign workers to fill labor shortages in Canada. With a positive LMO, an individual can apply for a work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Some positions are LMO-exempt.

Citizens and Permanent Residents of the United States and Mexico may also be eligible for LMO-exempt work permits under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) if they meet the requirements.

Citizens and Permanent Residents of participating countries may also be able to obtain a working holiday visa to work in Canada.