Can I Accompany My Husband To Canada If He Has A Work Permit?

Mary Keyork
Follow Me

My husband obtained a Work Permit to work in Canada. Can I accompany him to Canada?
Yes you can. If you wish to visit your husband while he is working in Canada, you will need to obtain visitor status.
If you wish to work in Canada, as your spouse has a work permit, you may be entitled to apply for an open work permit, provided your husband’s work permit is valid for at least six month and is for a position in NOC category A, B or 0 (Professional, Trade or Management).You will receive an “open” work permit, which means that you will not be restricted to a specific employer. You can chose to apply for this work permit either when your spouse applies for his work permit, or afterwards.

Share :
Mary Keyork provides Immigration Law services for hundreds of immigration applications in all categories and has appeared before all three divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board as well as at the Federal Court of Canada, successfully representing clients in complex immigration applications and hearings.
View Website
Related Posts