In Work Permit
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

I studied a one-year postgraduate work program and obtained a one-year post-graduate work permit. If I return to study my master’s degree at university, can I subsequently obtain a two-year post-graduate work permit?

Although the maximum duration of a post-graduate work permit is three years, the three-year permit is only granted to students who have completed a program of study which is two years or longer. For any program under two years in length, the work permit is granted for the same period as the period of study. In addition, a person can only be granted one post-graduate work permit, so even if you return to university and study for several more years, you will not be granted a further post-graduate work permit under the current law.

You should obtain personalized legal advice to determine if there are other options.