In Work Permit
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

I am currently in Canada on a study permit, and I was recently refused my post-graduate work permit as the college I attended was a private college, and is not qualified for the purpose of the post-graduate work permit program. What should I do? I did not know that the college was not qualified, and now I have a two-year diploma and no work permit!
This is a rather unfortunate and difficult situation, and you are not alone as many students were misinformed about their colleges. Depending on your particular circumstances, you can either ask your prospective employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) for the position they wish to offer you, or you can go back to a qualified college and obtain a new diploma.
The LMO would only be available in limited circumstances, and if you are a new grad without previous work experience it is unlikely to succeed as the level of position offered would likely be too low.
You should obtain detailed legal advice based on your particular circumstances to determine the best course of action.