In Work Permit
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

My husband obtained a Work Permit to work in Canada. Can I accompany him to Canada?
Yes you can. If you wish to visit your husband while he is working in Canada, you will need to obtain visitor status.
If you wish to work in Canada, as your spouse has a work permit, you may be entitled to apply for an open work permit, provided your husband’s work permit is valid for at least six month and is for a position in NOC category A, B or 0 (Professional, Trade or Management).You will receive an “open” work permit, which means that you will not be restricted to a specific employer. You can chose to apply for this work permit either when your spouse applies for his work permit, or afterwards.