In Work Permit
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

I am studying at a private college here in Toronto, and I am going to graduate in 2014. My question is whether I can apply for an off-campus work permit?
Not many private colleges are eligible for the off-campus work permit category, as the general rule is only publicly-funded colleges qualify. However, there are some limited exceptions to the rule, and you can find out whether your college qualifies by checking the CIC website at the following link:

In addition, you can only apply for an off-campus work permit after a full six months of full-time study at your college, and once you obtain the work permit, you may only work a total of 20 hours per week.