In Visitor Extension
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

Yes, it is possible to apply to extend your status while you are in Canada as a visitor. An application should be made before the expiry of your valid visitor visa and the process and required forms are similar to that which you would have completed for your original visa.
If your visitor visa expires after you have applied to extend your stay, you will still be considered to have valid status as a visitor (also called implied status) until a decision is made regarding your application for an extension.
Once a decision is made, you will either receive notice of your approval for an extension and your new visitor visa expiry date or notification that your application has been denied. If your application is denied, you will be required to leave Canada as you will no longer have authorization to be in the country.
Our office is skilled at compiling strong applications packages for all types of immigration matters. If you would like assistance in applying to extend your visit in Canada, please feel free to contact us to make an appointment to speak with a lawyer.