How Do I Return To Canada If My Permanent Resident Card Is Expired?

Mary Keyork
Follow Me

My Permanent Resident Card expired and I am currently outside of Canada. How do I return to Canada?

If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada and your Permanent Resident Card is expired or you are waiting for the renewal of your Card, you will need to apply for a Travel Document from outside of Canada in order to re-enter Canada as a Resident. A Travel Document will be issued only if you have spent at least 1 day in Canada in the last 365 days.

If the Travel Document is refused, you may submit a Residency Obligation Appeal at the Immigration Appeal Division.

Share :
Mary Keyork provides Immigration Law services for hundreds of immigration applications in all categories and has appeared before all three divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board as well as at the Federal Court of Canada, successfully representing clients in complex immigration applications and hearings.
View Website
Related Posts

Leave Your Comment

fifteen − six =