In Criminal Rehabilitation
Mary Keyork
Follow Me

If your DUI conviction is recent and even if you have completed the sentence imposed, you are considered inadmissible to Canada. However, you may still be able to enter Canada by applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This TRP allows you to enter Canada temporarily. You will need to submit a number of documents to the border officer. The officer at the border has high discretion to issue the TRP or not. It is important that the TRP application is prepared adequately as a refusal will complicate all your future entries to Canada.
In some cases, as a DUI conviction was long ago, you may be eligible to apply for a Criminal Rehabilitation. Once you have been criminally rehabilitated, you will no longer need to apply for a TRP.
Criminal convictions have various sentences and depending on your personal circumstances, you may or may not be eligible for a TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation.