I Am A U.S. Citizen, Can I Live In Canada For One Year As A Visitor?

Mary Keyork
Follow Me

As a U.S. citizen, you do not need a visa prior to entering Canada. However, when you do enter Canada, you are allowed to remain in Canada for a period of 6 months as a visitor unless indicated otherwise by the  immigration officer. As a visitor, you are not able to engage in unauthorized work. If you wish to extend your stay, you must make an application to extend your visitor status. You must have a valid reason for the extension and you must demonstrate that you will be able to financially support yourself as well as your intention to return to the U.S.  upon the expiration of your visitor status. It is best to consult with an immigration lawyer if you are planning an extended stay, so that you do not experience complications upon application for an extension of your status.

Share :
Mary Keyork provides Immigration Law services for hundreds of immigration applications in all categories and has appeared before all three divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board as well as at the Federal Court of Canada, successfully representing clients in complex immigration applications and hearings.
View Website
Related Posts
1 Comment

Leave Your Comment

nine − 1 =