Can The President Of A Real Estate Company In China Pursue Business In Canadian Provinces?

Mary Keyork
Follow Me

How can the International Mobility Program help me to open a Real Estate business in Canada?

Our friends in China own a real estate development company that would like to open an office in Canada to pursue real estate development in several provinces. Is it possible for my friend, who is the president of the company, to obtain a work permit in Canada?

If the Chinese company incorporates a Canadian subsidiary or affiliate, it could send an employee to Canada provided the company meets a number of important requirements. The company would need to provide a business plan which outlines the details of the Canadian operation, including the capital to be invested, the business model, business scope, potential contracts, office location, human resources plan and pro forma financial statements. Full documentation to support how the business plan will be realized would be necessary. In addition, the employee to be transferred to Canada should be either senior management or possess specialized knowledge relating to the company’s products, services or operations. It may be difficult for the president of a company to send himself/herself to Canada, as it would be hard to understand who would run the Chinese company in his/her absence. Full details should be discussed with a lawyer who understands the specific legal requirements.

Share :
Mary Keyork provides Immigration Law services for hundreds of immigration applications in all categories and has appeared before all three divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board as well as at the Federal Court of Canada, successfully representing clients in complex immigration applications and hearings.
View Website
Related Posts

Leave Your Comment

nineteen − 3 =